What is a Brofffel you ask? A broccoli waffle! We love waffles and for years I have made a low carb high protein breakfast waffle. I decided it was time to buy a new waffle maker when my waffles started sticking so bad they were not worth removing from the maker. I did some research and found Oster makes a titanium ceramic coating that is much healthier and requires no oil to release the waffle! I purchased a new one and it is all that and a perfect waffle! I use a wooden bbq skewer to help the waffle release. I decided I wanted a healthy waffle, not just for breakfast, so the broccoli waffle was born! You can also substitute cauliflower or any of your other favorite veggies. Let me know how yours turns out!
- 1 c “riced” broccoli (chopped fine in food processor, or grated)
- 1/2 c egg beaters or 2 eggs
- 1/2 c greek yogurt, I used fat free
- 1/3 c Carbquik – low carb bake mix,(or you can use 1/3c any bake mix, or 1/3c flour +1/4t baking soda)
- 1/2-1 oz cheddar cheese, to taste
- Cajun spice or other spices to taste
Mix all ingredients, cook in waffle maker until golden brown. I have served the broffle with chicken strips for a new version of chicken and waffles, as well as with a spicy pulled pork topping, that was quite amazing!